Genesis 6:6 “And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart”
What a poignant portrait of God! The Creator whose name is Love looked at the creatures He had made in His own image and was so disappointed by their systemic corruption that He said “I wish I never made them.” God actually had that moment. The pain was so intense to see their vile, self-destructive wickedness that He thought I should have never done it. It would have been better all the way around. It’s too bad I ever made them.
What would you feel if you were a designer and the things you made were stolen from you and used for the exact opposite of what you intended and designed them for? Now imagine if your children were kidnapped, brainwashed, and trained to hate you, to be thugs and serial killers. Your anger and anguish would be a finite sampling of what God suffered, and what He suffers still as He looks down on this world. God is infinite. Therefore His capacity to endure pain must be infinite. We have no idea how much He has suffered, how much we have caused Him pain over the history of this world.

Comments
Post a Comment